Snowy; ENTP; they/them
I should come with a warning label.
Currently watching: Soul Eater (#soul eater lb), Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan (#snk lb)
the legend of korra does women so dirty.
desna and eska have a mother and the fact that she’s so inconsequential is treated like a joke
asami is a prop who is disrespected by everyone around her and no one cares
ginger is assaulted by bolin but he still gets rewarded by her affection at the end
katara has every last drop of personality sucked away from her and shows up to i don’t know make atla fans feel sad
lin’s competence and characterization is fucked with just to prop up mako as the greatest cop ever in the history of everdom
women aren’t the majority movers and shakers in the plot the men are
women don’t have strong relationships to one another and if they do they aren’t given any importance in the plot
korra herself has a decent arc but that’s not enough for me
i don’t want to see one well developed female character i want to see numerous well developed female characters and this show can’t even do the minimum
There is so much wrong with this entire scene and I could go into all of the reasons that this scene makes no sense but that would be a waste of time.
Let me waste that time for you katrina:
- Even in the very first gif, Bolin is actually using his relationship with Mako to patronize him. What about book 1 Bolin makes him seem like he’d do this?
- Bolin calls himself ‘high society’ in comparison to Mako. He actually tells his own brother (with whom he grew up on the streets as poor orphans) that he is worth less because he has less money (which Bolin only suddenly ran into and by the way does not understand what money means???)
- Bolin assumes Mako is a criminal when he’s in jail despite having been a criminal for ten years of his own life when it was necessary to survival as seen in canon in republic city hustle.
- That doesn’t even mention the fact that Bolin was in jail with Mako just six months ago without having committed a crime. Yet Bolin doesn’t understand that the police are not always right?
- Mako and Bolin are supposed to be closer than any two characters on this show. And yet, even if I just had a casual friend who was wrongly arrested, when I visited them in jail, I would not call them low-class and a criminal. Bolin seems to do this without much problem to his only remaining family member who took care of him for ten years after their parents died?
Bolin’s character (not to mention everything else in the show) has been so ruined by Bryke this book that it’s absolutely ridiculous. Are we supposed to accept this as the same Bolin that existed in Book 1? The same Bolin that existed in republic city hustle? The same Bolin with the backstory we were given for these two?
and of course the forced bolin kiss. if you want the perfect encapsulation of rape culture, there it is. a woman tied to a table while doing her day job, kissed against her will, and then the show plays it for a joke.
it is the complete normalization of sexual assault. on a kids show. i can’t even believe i’m typing that. how anyone thought this was okay, let alone something to be joked about is disgusting. the only way they could have justified it would have been explaining what bolin did was wrong, but they didn’t. it was just that he couldn’t differentiate been the actress ginger and the person ginger.
Check out a sneak peek storyboard from tonight’s new episode of LoK, where Bumi talks to Aang inside the statue room at the Southern Air Temple.
oh my god
this stupid dumb frickin storyboard just made me start crying in public
how absolutely fucking dare you
things i liked
aaaaand things i didnt
thats it im gonna go write fic to cleanse myself
ripping my still-beating heart out would be less painful than that family scene with korra and her parents, shit
okay holy shit in what universe would the children of AANG AND KATARA look down on someone for being a nonbender, especially their BROTHER, come the fuck ON
its interesting that korra is finally using tactics and bending focused on compromise, evasion, and pacifism (which is to say a mentality based in airbending) in a situation where they’re not as useful as they may have been back in republic city.
it looks to me like she’s definitely learning and that’s good but she needs to realize that you can’t just take the same strategy and apply it to every situation. peacekeeping where you treat every side like its equal falls flat when you have the northern tribe occupying the southern one and keeping it on lockdown and removing its leadership and i think she’ll come to that realization but she’s clearly struggling w it.
oh hey senna glad to see you’re still relevant
that cut and run comment stings man this ain’t right at all